Your Personal Database
Release Status: 3.6.1 | Docs
Simple. Flexible. Relational.
Kase exists because it should. There should be a database app that can go anywhere with you. It should be:
- Simple — so using it should be easy and intuitive,
- Flexible — so once familiar with the basics, you can design any database to track anything important to you, and
- Relational — because you don't want to repeat yourself, and inter-linked data becomes an order of magnitude more useful.
Additionally, it should be:
- Personal — because you should not need to worry about who can peek into your data, and
- Always Available — because high-speed wireless network connection should not be a prerequisite for accessing your own data.
Something like that didn't exist, so I started creating Kase in 2014.
Kase is all that. It is not perfect, but it does its job well.
Kase's Side Menu, with access to Boxes.
A typical Box of Decks window.
A typical Deck of Cards window.
A typical Card of Entries window.
- Your Kase contains Boxes.
- Each Box stores Decks that can be related to each other.
- A Deck collects similarly structured Cards.
- And a Card is where you put data Entries.
- Box can be locked with a passcode, and unlocked with Face ID or Touch ID.
- Deck definitions support inheritance!
- Pick and organize Decks and Cards with categories, tags, and bookmarks.
- Highlight any box, deck, card, entry, or keyword.
- Write in Markdown and see rich formatted text.
- Use Formatters (Fx), Units to visualize data in different ways without altering the data one bit.
- Full text indexing with NLP.
- Side-by-Side: Compare Cards easily by displaying in columns.
- Complete backup and restore.
- iPad Multitasking support: Split View, Slide Over, etc.
From Data to Wisdom
Data ▹ Information ▹ Knowledge ▹ Wisdom
What Kase Does
- Store Data: the objective truths
- Organize Information: reflects circumstances/current condition
- Systematically retrive Knowledge: usable/utilized for decision making
- And that hopefully enables you to grasp Wisdom, comprehend insights, and ultimately create value.
What Kase is Not
- Cloud syncing yet (stay tuned...)
You make Big Data big. By now you should realize how valuable your data is. So why give it away? Kase keeps your data yours.
Docs and Info
- Kase in the App Store
- Kase Beta TestFlight
- Samples & Templates
- The User's Guide is a work in progress.↩